Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
on February 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Coach Donnie has hit the ground running since he was brought on as the head coach of the softball program here at Centreville. Here are some of the changes he has done and plans for the field this coming year.
CHANGES BY THE NEW COACHING STAFF
- Pressbox was painted and a new logo was added. Shelving was added upstairs so the uniforms can be hung up off season to keep them in better shape. Carpeting was put in the upstairs area and the wiring for our 1 year old sound system was was fixed so all speakers again.
- Old outfield fence was removed
- A new 6 ft fence at regulation 200ft along with privacy slats
- Grass has been added in the infield around the fence line. The home plate and bases have been adjusted to be regulation
- A brand new section of fencing was placed between the visitors dugout to the backstop
- 2012 Softball Clinic to raise funds to make these improvements to the field - Very successful!
- New batting area and netting added behind the pressbox where the zipline once was
- Warning Track in front of the outfield fence
NEAR FUTURE PLANS
- A 4 lane pitching area outside the left-center field fence
- Electrical conduit ran to the batting cage for pitching machines
- Batting cage updates with the Wildcats Softball windscreen to cover the front of it
There are too many things to list of future plans, but these are the immediate ones. A great big thank you to the coaching staff and the Centreville family and friends who have come out and given of their time to help get the field ready. It is going to be a great 2013 season!!